Super Web Mart - Discount Coupons & Deals - Discount Promos, Coupon Codes, Discount deals and web site reviews

Author Topic: Paypal Scam  (Read 2026 times)

Offline onetwothree

• View Profile
Paypal Scam
« on: November 26, 2008, 09:08:46 AM »
There are several versions of a paypal scam to get your user name and password. The website uses the genuine paypal.co.uk in a very well written script. This is 100% bogus use you web browser to acess paypal do not use emails to get to your paypal account.

This scam has got paypal in a tizz as it is very hard to work work out genuine paypal emails from the fake 1's. There are a lot of french and German paypal payment emails going around and now the uk and usa versions have started to surface.

just a warning as these fakes are very ver dificult to see from the gens.

just a warning to you thats all to use your browser to answer all paypal requests and not the links in the payment received button.

I have had 8 so far.

small amounts but there have benn reported and confimed fakes so just beware thats all.

Webmaster Forum

Paypal Scam
« on: November 26, 2008, 09:08:46 AM »

Offline Reema Khan

• View Profile
Re: Paypal Scam
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 05:54:49 AM »
I have had several of these scam emailos and have reported them - look closely at the reply email address and you will see that it is "paypail: note the i :D

Offline supra

• View Profile
    • MySpace Stuff
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 02:22:18 PM »
I usually screw around with those type of scammers- Waste there time for wasting mine. haha...

Offline horhey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 08:54:28 AM »
i have an account, good thing i do not access paypal via emails, haven't noticed these scams yet though... all the same, thanks for the warning you all!

cjpunkz

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 07:31:35 AM »
Thanks for the warning. although you said those that were scammed from you were small amounts, i'm a bit worried how much were scammed from other people.

Offline iamboredr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 11:34:30 AM »
When ever i get any emails regarding the payment from paypal,the first thing i do is login in my paypal account and verify,it doesn't take more than a minute:)

Offline victory08

• View Profile
    • web development
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 05:07:12 AM »
Oh, this problem is so widespread! I've already suffered from such scammers! thanks for your info - I'll be more careful next time:)

Offline sarahberra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 09:46:55 PM »
Never answer paypal emails. They are all scams. If you get an email forward it to spoof@paypal.com

Offline pakiboyg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 03:33:31 AM »
There is a possibility of Scamming in paypal.They need to make it more proper & more secure.

Offline mexitai

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 09:00:27 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. There are many ways to check if an email or a message is really from PayPal though. One is to check for the logo. Another is to check for grammar mistakes. If the message has a name, you can google that or ask PayPal themselves if they have an employee with that name.

Offline albertwalt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 10:58:36 PM »
Thanks for the warning. Although you said were those that were scammed you in small amounts, I was a bit worried how other people scammed. I have had many of these spam emails and reports - look closely at North email address and you will see that this "paypail: The Note

Webmaster Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 10:58:36 PM »