Super Web Mart - Discount Coupons & Deals - Discount Promos, Coupon Codes, Discount deals and web site reviews

Author Topic: Spider Vs. crawler  (Read 2184 times)

Offline lingoway

• View Profile
    • Link Building Service
Spider Vs. crawler
« on: January 18, 2011, 04:02:00 AM »

I just want to know that what is the difference between spider and crawler?

As per my view both are the same thing.

Webmaster Forum

Spider Vs. crawler
« on: January 18, 2011, 04:02:00 AM »

Offline rickyenjohns

• View Profile
Re: Spider Vs. crawler
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 12:38:01 PM »
Spider-man is not, they are blind to images will not translate any JavaScript generated text, for example. The following search engine spider simulator and a search engine crawler to crawler emulator helps you to see your site from search engine perspective. For the targeted keyword density to give an idea, the tools you highlight keywords that you would find in keeping the search engine spider.

Offline marty99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 07:55:11 AM »
That's correct, OP. A spider (or crawler, or bot) is a so called program that follows links on the web and gathers information for the search engine indexes.
They actually follow links from one site to another, that is why a new website needs to gain some inbound links in order to be crawled and indexed.

Offline sherimiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 11:31:16 PM »
There are no major differences, as both relate to technology, robots and scripts used by search engines and a few directories to access the content of web sites in a automated way. The tools of modern statistical information in the hosting panel, I can say that such crawlers have visited your site.

Offline addyj672

• View Profile
    • Online Marketing Consultants, Advertising Agency, SEO Services
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 12:18:29 AM »
Search engine spider and crawler has not difference but spider and crawler have difference....

Offline Mark Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 12:44:14 AM »
A search engine spider is an automated software program used to locate and collect data from web pages for inclusion in a search engine's database and to follow links to find new pages on the World Wide Web.

Web crawlers are mainly used to create a copy of all the visited pages for later processing by a search engine that will index the downloaded pages to provide fast searches. Crawlers can also be used for automating maintenance tasks on a Web site, such as checking links or validating HTML code. Also, crawlers can be used to gather specific types of information from Web pages, such as harvesting e-mail addresses (usually for sending spam).
Custom App Development by Social Cubix

Offline JackTipsonz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 12:10:03 AM »
A search engine spider is an automated software program used to locate and collect data from web pages for inclusion in a database search engine and follow the links to find new pages on the World Wide Web .

Offline murdererunfaith

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 03:34:38 AM »
A spider is a so called program that leads links on the web and gathers information for the search engine indexes,there are no major differences, as both relate to technology,robots and scripts used by search engines and a few directories to access the content of web sites in a automated way.

Offline AtiksonGarthO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 04:10:20 AM »
Spider-man is not, they are blind to images won't translate any JavaScript generated text, for example. The following search engine spider simulator and a search engine crawler to crawler emulator helps you to see your site from search engine point of view. For the targeted keyword density to give an idea, the tools you highlight keywords that you would find in keeping the search engine spider.

Offline JonyWalker69

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 09:35:05 PM »
 I have better things to do than look at technical aspects these.if meaningless as you read what Google has to say, the Google bot is a kind of browser and spider / crawler is investigator.the debate seems to be whether there is a difference between the spider and caterpillar.

Offline JackSparo97

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 10:12:17 PM »
This is really meaningful information for me. I am new in this field, after reading this thread and your posts I can understand full about spider and crawler.

Offline stephenwaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 12:06:10 AM »
The most important thing about it. There are no major differences, as both relate to technology, robots and scripts used by search engines and a few directories to access the content of web sites in a automated way.

Offline cowboy14

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 07:07:48 AM »

Offline DonDBerec

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 12:02:57 AM »
Why are you even spend time worrying about this? I have much better things to do than watch mindless technical how are you. My sites get spidered  that's what matters.

Offline demianfleming

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 07:49:17 AM »
I think both are the same. That is really quite natural like their factors and we can assume that Spiders are called spiders and crawlers are called crawlers. These bots Crawled sites or index a site like a spider.

Webmaster Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 07:49:17 AM »