Design & Development > Content Management

Content Management System

(1/7) > >>

Reema Khan:
Can anyone tell me what a web content management system is? and in what way it help us in developing an advanced website

David:
There are several types of CMS... just like... if I create a website that displays a list of schools in city (like NewYork), sorted according to their ratings... now for this I need to create an admin panel for the website administrator to add new schools or change their ratings... the admin may or may not be a technical person.

got it?

jerry:
A content management system (CMS) is an application that helps organising your content (articles, images, videos etc) in a structured way (e.g. by building a navigation menu and categorising the content) and presenting it with some layouts (by using or creating a display template). Even for designing a simple company website, a CMS greatly helps you by offering an administrative interface where the content can easily be managed by a non-technical user, sometimes with the use of a WYSIWYG editor which is plain cool.

Hope I made it clear for you :)

chloe vevrier:
In MOST cases, CMS is your website. :)

Haider:
There are many free open source CMS available  e.g. Drupal, Joomla or e107 ..etc..etc

I think Joomla is by far best.It's easy to operate, Addons are endless, very modular, easy template system, easy to make your own addons. try it Joomla.org

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version