Super Web Mart - Discount Coupons & Deals - Discount Promos, Coupon Codes, Discount deals and web site reviews

Author Topic: how to rank well in msn?  (Read 11660 times)

Offline onetwothree

• View Profile
how to rank well in msn?
« on: September 25, 2007, 06:56:37 AM »
I can't see my site in MSN index. Google and Yahoo are sending good traffic to my site. What should I do to rank well in MSN

Webmaster Forum

how to rank well in msn?
« on: September 25, 2007, 06:56:37 AM »

Offline Reema Khan

• View Profile
Re: how to rank well in msn?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 06:58:15 AM »
Optimize the site title! It's one of the good factors for considering optimization for MSN.

Offline jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 07:00:03 AM »
Meta tags, title and few backlinks from any where will rank your site well in MSN

Offline Solushunz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 07:29:39 AM »
I think MSN will not rank you for competitive phrases without anchor text links, if you type David Eaves into MSN you will see my site ranks on the 1st page without a single mention of the phrase in my content.

Offline electra

• View Profile
    • Money Maker Forum
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 07:23:57 PM »
its difficult to have perfect SEO for all of the major search engines but have a go to your best ability
I have been using HostGator hosting :), and i recommend HostGator Reviews. Read also about WebHostingHub ;), they have great support also.

Offline shony

• View Profile
    • Paintless Dent Repair
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 04:44:12 AM »
  Tips to rank well in MSN:-
1. Avoid stuffing your site with your target keyword. 2. build more backlinks

Offline Solushunz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 05:19:54 AM »
I had no more idea before visit here but now I am sure to read these well feedback.

Offline RuskinF

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 04:33:57 AM »
The answer is simple - the MSN algorithm is different and that is why, even if the same pages were indexed, the search results will vary.

The MSN Algorithm
As already mentioned, it is the different MSN algorithm that leads to such drastic results in ranking. Otherwise, MSN, like all search engines, first spiders the pages on the Web, then indexes them in its database and after that applies the algorithm to generate the pages with the search results. So, the first step in optimizing for MSN is the same as for the other search engines to have a spiderable site. (Have a look at Search Engine Spider Simulator to see how spiders see your site). If your site is not spiderable, then you don't have even a hypothetical chance to top the search results.

There is quite a lot of speculation about the MSN algorithm. Looking at the search results MSN delivers, it is obvious that its search algorithm is not as sophisticated as Google's, or even Yahoo!'s and many SEO experts agree that the MSN search algorithm is years behind its competitors. So, what can you do in this case? Optimize as you did for Google a couple of years ago? You are not far from the truth, though actually is is not that simple.

One of the most important differences is that MSN still relies heavily on metatags, as explained below. None of the other major search engines uses metatags that heavily anymore. It is obvious that metatags give SEO experts a great opportunity for manipulating search results. Maybe metatags are the main reason for the inaccurate search results that MSN often produces.

The second most important difference between MSN and the other major search engines is their approach to keywords. Well, for MSN keywords are very, very important, too, but unlike Google, for MSN onpage factors are dominating, while offpage factors (like backlinks for example), are still of minor importance. Well, it is a safe bet that the importance of backlinks will be changed in the future but for now they are not a primary factor for high rankings.

Webmaster Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 04:33:57 AM »