Super Web Mart - Discount Coupons & Deals - Discount Promos, Coupon Codes, Discount deals and web site reviews

Author Topic: My Windows 7 Review  (Read 4531 times)

Offline haji

• View Profile
My Windows 7 Review
« on: July 15, 2009, 06:56:23 AM »
I prefer to wait a year. From what I tested on the next coming OS was pretty nice. However, some programs I use are not yet compatible, which lead me tonight to convert completely back over to Vista. I like Vista and Windows 7, but right now I'm content with back to the same ole, same ole. I just had to share my input after using the beta version of Windows 7 for over a month and half. Some people here might be interest in testing it themselves, but this is my review of the coming OS.

Webmaster Forum

My Windows 7 Review
« on: July 15, 2009, 06:56:23 AM »

Offline Sara Sonnet

• View Profile
Re: My Windows 7 Review
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 07:00:50 AM »
that's not really a review...

i've been using it for about 8 months now, and have only encountered two programs that don't work. actually one (sandboxie) was updated to work with RC1, but i'm using a newer build...

what are you having problems with?

Offline haji

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 07:53:41 AM »
that's not really a review...

i've been using it for about 8 months now, and have only encountered two programs that don't work. actually one (sandboxie) was updated to work with RC1, but i'm using a newer build...

what are you having problems with?

lol sorry my review was short, but here are a few things i've noticed in the current released version of windows 7...

- the window previews in the task bar often froze or wouldn't restore back up to size

- Yahoo Messenger, which I use along with Windows Live Messenger, wasn't capable of staying online for more than 5 mins.

- The network drivers kept going online/offline offline and the back online all the darn time. I thought it was my Cable Modem or cable line for that matter, but it now turns out it was Windows7 because I've not had any problems back on Vista

- Stripped of many many programs MS use to carry. Windows Movie Maker beta is a joke. But It's in early development and implemented as standalone.

- I personally like the switch between windows feature in Vista, that is completely taken out of 7.

- Not able to install Norton AntiVirus on 7. Im a fan of Norton.

But other than those things, all was gravy. I sure as heck hate Internet Explorer 8 and am a Mozilla Firefox fan. Peace out yall!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 08:32:15 AM by haji »

Offline crazyfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 08:06:28 AM »
Still using XP and I'm keeping it that way until I hear that Win7 can run most of the programs I use.

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 08:22:53 AM »
i'm running windows 7 at work on a P4 with 1gb ram and 8mb integrated graphics. my WEI is only 2.7.

yet it runs like a dream, even with aero and all other effects turned on. zero lag, even with photoshop, word, and firefox open. windows 7 is a massive improvement over vista, and it blows xp out of the water.

xp is 8 years old. it's time to let it go.
TOLET

Offline missile

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 08:29:25 AM »
Still using XP and I'm keeping it that way until I hear that Win7 can run most of the programs I use.

Win 7 Pro has XP mode - made to run XP programmes. Found that out after pre-ordering Win 7 Home Premium >.< I have been on XP Pro 32 for past 3 years..

Well saved 100 and will cost me 100 odd to upg to Ultimate so cant complain IMO...and we get 64 bit and 32 bit verisons of the OS (2 disks) = WOOP
Misguided Missile

Offline Reema Khan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 08:47:55 AM »
i'm running windows 7 at work on a P4 with 1gb ram and 8mb integrated graphics. my WEI is only 2.7.

yet it runs like a dream, even with aero and all other effects turned on. zero lag, even with photoshop, word, and firefox open. windows 7 is a massive improvement over vista, and it blows xp out of the water.

xp is 8 years old. it's time to let it go.

I couldn't agree more with you mate. I've been using Windows 7 on my main machine since November last year and I have yet to come across any software incompatibility, only one driver fault (though that was Kodak's fault) and its the first OS I have converted to 64-bit for. It just works.

If you're having problems, I'd check your hardware and drivers. 9 times out of 10, its not Windows fault, its the companies that make your drivers or software. Everyone is so quick to blame Microsoft. They can't make drivers for everything themselves you know. Manufactures need to put better quality controls in before they release utta crap.

I've now also tested it on my eee PC and it runs like a dream. WEI of 2.3 and it still runs quicker than XP. The only downside is that it take about 3 hours off my battery life of 8. Slightly gutted but considering its more graphically UI than XP, its expected.

All in all. A solid OS.

Offline indigo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 09:04:41 AM »
I'm using windows 7 for like 1 month now and i'm really happy with it. It has the functionality of XP and beauty of Vista. All programs I have tested are working so far even TrueCrypt which warns you at installation that it may not function properly in Windows 7.

Offline onetwothree

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 09:06:23 AM »
All i need is program compatibilty now from win 7..I love that Os which have looks like Vista and performance wise XP..
Waiting

Offline brian

• View Profile
    • ILahore
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 09:18:18 AM »
I'm using windows 7 for like 1 month now and i'm really happy with it. It has the functionality of XP and beauty of Vista. All programs I have tested are working so far even TrueCrypt which warns you at installation that it may not function properly in Windows 7.

totally agree. using it for some time now (win 7 ultimate x64) and couldn't be more surprised at how good it runs.. I even managed to play really old games (i'm talking about vintage 90-96..)

As far as I'm concerned, unless some major issue will be discovered, XP is history! (oh and btw - I always hated vista..)

Offline horhey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 08:57:36 AM »
i'm gonna get my windows 7 by saturday, i'm honestly a bit excited about it... vista had been such a big disappointment for me...

Offline divengrabber

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 02:43:17 AM »
hey done good job.

Offline aussieroo1

• View Profile
    • Web Development Company
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 08:59:38 PM »
I particularly liked Windows 7's interface. It's better than Vista and the programs operate faster. I only tried the beta version a couple of months back, and might switch from XP to Windows 7.

Offline naumjames12

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 01:07:26 AM »
Well my review for windows 7 has been all the same..Its a bit slow..hangs u easily sometimes..
But the overall interface is really nice...I love its GUI...
newbielink:http://www.stretchmarkscare.com [nonactive]

newbielink:http://ezinearticles.com/?Stretch-Marks---What-is-the-Best-Way-to-Get-Rid-of-Stretch-Marks?&id=2666384 [nonactive]

newbielink:http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=1829331 [nonactive]

Offline rachel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 12:01:18 AM »
Window7 is very cute and nice processing.

Webmaster Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 12:01:18 AM »