Super Web Mart - Discount Coupons & Deals - Discount Promos, Coupon Codes, Discount deals and web site reviews

Author Topic: Why do people want web directories?  (Read 2391 times)

Offline randyfrank

• View Profile
Why do people want web directories?
« on: March 01, 2012, 02:36:15 AM »
Is the reason for web directories to actually bring in traffic or is it just another backlink for google? Does google rank it high?

Webmaster Forum

Why do people want web directories?
« on: March 01, 2012, 02:36:15 AM »

Offline juliamedlton

• View Profile
Re: Why do people want web directories?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 12:43:17 AM »
It gives both a backlink to Google and traffic for site. It's important for any site.

Offline mike01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 11:04:47 PM »
People want a web directories because they want to register their company or website information their. The Directories innovation is made for people who want diff rents type of business they can register their name publicly and by that people can reach their form the help of directory.
newbielink:http://magento.iovista.com/magento-development.html/ [nonactive]

Offline poshwebdeveloper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 01:56:57 AM »
Directory submission services are impressive promotional tools to attract attention from search engines to a site. The site is indexed and therefore will become the search results.

Offline poshwebdeveloper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 11:05:57 PM »
Hello,
Directory submission depend on the directory popularity and the PR of the directory..
Anyways submitting links to new directories will give you popularity in google...

Thanks!!!

Offline klausmmia

• View Profile
    • iphone application development
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:03:21 AM »
If website is submitted under high PR directory and relevant category then yes directory is helpful.

Offline dariusz88

• View Profile
    • Lotto
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 11:53:34 AM »
Is the reason for web directories to actually bring in traffic or is it just another backlink for google? Does google rank it high?
Avoid automated submission methods and directories.
Search engines do not give much value for general directories that include thousands of websites that are poor of content, and give no value for vistors.
High quality directory like any othe website, should be well maintained, adding some content and be very carefull with listings.
Do not be afraid to reject spa-mmy submissions. Today, the quality of links are more important than the quantity! Remember that!
Lotto Games Online, Financial Directory , Top Games Directory, Travel Sites Directory

Offline Smitha nayak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 10:36:14 PM »
Hi... Two weeks ago, Google took some severe action against a number of general topic web directories. There was the usual uproar on various forums, lots of blog posts from web directory owners and even a post on Sphinn that blamed me (which is hilariously awesome):

All of these directories no longer rank for their trade mark names, Rand Fishkin (who condones link buying) does not like directories so he has been complaining to his buddy Matt Cutts and Matt has gone out and manually penalized a large number of the leading directories.

However, today I wanted to seriously cover the topic of how and why Google might take this move, along with some advice for anyone building a directory in the future. First off, though, I'd like to examine the directories that have been penalized. I'm sure this isn't an exhaustive list (and if you know of more, feel free to list them in the comments), but it does represent a good sampling of the affected domains:

AvivaDirectory.com
    AliveDirectory.com
    Haabaa.com
    DirectoryDump.com
    BigWebLinks.com
    ElegantDirectory.com
    eWebPages.org
    LinkBook.org
    Trincas.org
    CBravo.com
    CDHNow.com
    FreeWebIndex.com

Offline dariusz88

• View Profile
    • Lotto
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 01:51:00 AM »
Interesting post above.
Let us check LinkBook.org for example, PR1 but mozRank says 4.48 now.
They offer only paid listings and no any other options.
The directory itself contain no any quality content and categories structure is very similar to other general categories.
In my opinion, every directory should have free regular listing option, even if it means reciprocal link back required.
I think a link (or recipro link) from niche directory that is relevant to the topic of your website is worth more than dozens of links, from general directories.
What do you think?
Lotto Games Online, Financial Directory , Top Games Directory, Travel Sites Directory

Offline preetihospital

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 05:00:35 AM »
I am 1000% sure that whoever is saying here that they do directory submission for getting traffic are fake and trying to look innocent. I will like to ask how many of you have tried searching you need in any directory or even seen ranking those listings in search? I do not think anyone ever has seen any directory listings in search or tried to find information is those directory meant to be for SEO ranking. This is just a way to get an extra backlink and nothing else.

Offline webpro

• View Profile
    • aroradentistindelhi
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 10:05:23 PM »
Web directory are useful for making backlinks. and quality web directory provides quality backlinks.
so the conclusion is that the better ranked web directory are good for backlinks.

Offline john

• View Profile
    • Hair transplant India
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 11:20:50 PM »
Web directories are good sites for receiving back links from them. The directories are source of information.

Webmaster Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 11:20:50 PM »